Thursday, March 25, 2010

Myth one; Demeter (Emma)

Demeter is the Goddess of cro growth, life and death, and season change. It is told that seasons first came about because of Demeters loss of her daughter Persephone. Demeter's brother Hade's took Persephone because he fell in love with her and this send Demeter into a depression as she searched for her daughter. Durring this time all the crops started to die and man kind itself was at risk. to save man kind Zeus made a deal with Demeter that she could have her daughter back durring a certain time of the year and Hade's had her the other times. This is how the differant seasons came about. I choose Emma for my model because she has a natural beauty and she also fits in better with the scene I was looking for. The reason I choose a dead looking scene is because I was trying to focus on the time when Demeter was depressed, looking for her daughter and everything was dying. The first thing I did to this picture was enhance the color of the water so it was more blue, I did this because I sort of was looking at the water as a way into the underworld and the blue really sticks out and contrats with the dullness of her surroundings. The next time I did was burned everything but Emma and the water. I did this because the picture was so bright in the beggining. The last thing I did was added a differant pictures sky into the background of the sky in this image. I did this because I thought it made it look more misty and it also helped make the bright blue sky not so bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment