Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Myth Two; Aphrodite, Kayla

Aphrodite was the goddess of love. The reason why I took the picture on the beach was because this is where she was first born from sea foam. Aphrodite is portrayed as a beautiful yet promiscuous. Because of her beauty she was forced to marry an unattractive man of which she had to interest, so she looked for love elsewhere behind his back. Even though her actions didn't seem right I think that truly she was just a lonely person looking for love in all the wrong places. The first thing I did in this picture was enhanced the hue of the water, the reason why is because it looked so dark and not much like he sea at all. I tried to make the water look slightly red because the sea foam Aphrodite came from was from blood but it made the picture look too unrealistic. I also enhanced the hue of the sky just to make it look more heavenly. I also brightened the color of the sand so that it would look more pure and like a tranquil beach. Since I wasn't about to take pictures of my friend naked I put her in a white sheet, the reason why white is because I wanted to show the innocence and purity that she started with. The last thing I did was brighten Kayla herself up, the sheet and then burned some of the sheet so that the shadowing was more predominate.

No comments:

Post a Comment